We went to a Preparedness Event yesterday, near the Bass Pro Shop. The kiddos most enjoyed getting in the medic helicopter, and probably talking with a remote controlled Coast Guard boat.
Since I had 3 kiddos, a teenager and hubby in tow, I didn't really get much opportunity to glean information from the various booths. And it seemed more like many were telling what they, as a city or service, would do in case of a disaster or pandemic. There was a booth that did have information on a survival backpack that looked interesting, but I didn't have time to stop and take a more leisurely look. I think it was something like 'bug out'.
There were a couple of cute things for the kiddos. Like a Cow, with a sign that said 'Eat more Chicken'. Also a cute little boat named 'Coastie' that was remote control, and even voice activated. Some random pics of the preparedness fair.
Interesting enough, I think there might be a demonstration on more personal preparedness helps that you can host in your home. Kind of like a pampered chef, or Tupperware party. But this 'party' would be one that would share essentials, amounts needed of specific items, what to do for your family in case of a disaster, etc. I wanted to go to one last month, but had too many other things going on. I still may try to find out more information, and attend one of these 'parties'. In the meantime, I am still highly considering creating a blog with Preparedness and self-reliance information. It would be more of a compilation of what others have gathered, or links to sites and information that I like. Just trying to come up with a good name. I have thought of a couple of good ones, but they are already taken. So, if you have a thought or an idea for me, feel free to pass it on. My favorite that I came up with, it's more of a 'funny', is 'TheLastMelon' But, of course it is already taken.
No comments:
Post a Comment