Monday, September 22, 2008
Constitution Celebration
We went to the Constitution Celebration. It wasn't quite what I had expected. There were a lot of people there, but not as many as I thought would be there. The highlight was being able to be part of the flag ceremony. Jakob and I got to carry flags along with about 100 other scouts. It was a neat opportunity, yet it was a bit disorganized. They made the scouts stand for like 20 minutes, waiting to file in with our flags. We had brought our own flags, which the boys were having a hard time carrying, because they were heavy, and the polls were long. Most boys used a smaller flag. The entertainment left a little to be desired. (ok, a LOT to be desired) Jon put it well...you can get away with not having that great of a voice when you are singing well known, patriotic songs, because then people will join in the singing. But if you don't have that great of a voice and you are singing songs that you or someone in your family made up...that's where it starts getting a bit dodgey. We left early, because our kiddos were getting restless, and bored. I wondered if we had missed anything, so I asked a neighbor who had also been at the event, she said that we hadn't...that the same family finished out the entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment