Monday, September 25, 2006

Foster Care Orientation Class

Jon and I went to the Foster Orientation Class, tonight. I didn't really learn a lot more then I already knew, just from being in the Adoption 'world', and having friends who have done foster care.

I did find out that there are like 20 different agencies here in AZ, that certify to do Foster Care. So, now how to choose? I am going to see if I can find any information good/bad about different agencies. I thought I had already narrowed it down to a particular agency, but I want to be sure...

Also, they mentioned that the MAPP classes don't necessarily transfer to another state. That there are only 11 (I think) states that have the MAPP program.

They didn't give a specific time frame of when one could get certified. They just mentioned some of the different steps. I think a lot depends on how quickly you do your paperwork, and get going on the classes, and also in the Agency you choose. Whether they are on top of things, also.

So, our next 'baby step' is to decide the Agency, and find out when their next classes are.

Oh...on another note, I was asked to do a 'study' on 2 types of moisturizer, so...if my forearms are 'dry' enough (after only washing them with Ivory Soap for this next week) I get to spend the day relaxing, at the facility. Reading, watching movies, whatever....12 hours straight of ME time! I will probably start wondering what to do with myself after the first hour or two. LOL. I think I am going to stop by the book store and get the latest Anita Stansfield book. (ok, i just pegged myself as an LDS Romance Novel reader.)

No comments: