Also, why not share about the Roadshow that we went to, today. It has been years since I have actually been to a roadshow. And longer still since I have been in one. A roadshow is a tradition of Church wards to create a 'play' of sorts, and perform it along with the other wards in the stake. I don't know if they judge them anymore, I know they used to. It is usually based on a pre-determined theme. These years roadshow theme was: 'I have a bad feeling about this.' There were shows from dancing hawaiian's, to superhero parties, to lost pirates. Oh, can't forget the one our ward did: Napoleon Lamanite. A parody on the show Napoleon Dynamite. (A listless and alienated teenager decides to help his new friend win the class presidency in their small western high school, while he must deal with his bizarre family life back home.) I am amazed at how many people seemed to like the show Napoleon Dynamite. (I didn't really like it, it didn't make much sense. LOL)
The plot of our ward's roadshow, was about this Napoleon who is asked to do his family history, and doesn't want to. Then ends up going back in time, to see one of his ancestors...looks and acts (really strange) just like him. He was called on a mission, and taught on the 'islands'. Come to find out, one of the ones this ancestor taught was an ancestor of his best friend 'Pedro'.
K...lets 'slide' on over from the roadshow, to the slidshow. It is a few pics of Jakob and Ben with a flag...
| View |
