I am always looking for a bargain...though I'm not always a frugal shopper. Bargain shopping is built into my chemical make-up. I start to twitch (not really) when I have to pay full price for something, that I know I can get for at least half the price. But then the problem is, if I see something that is way cheap (or free) I sometimes buy it, or take it...even when I
really don't need it. Case in point, would the projection TV I picked up off the curb down the street today (thanks, Robert, for calling and enabling me...j/k.) The picture I have posted is VERY similar to the one sitting outside under my carport, as I type (the upper half in the truck, the speaker part down on the cement). Jon thinks it could be fun to play the Wii on, if it worked.
IF being the operative word, here. At least I didn't spend the $300 he thought I spent on it. Ok, so we teased him that I got it for half off at Goodwill, today..he was a great sport about it, especially cause he had just woke up from a nap, while walking with him from downstairs to the front I tried acting nervous about ALL the money I spent, and that before I showed him what I got, to please assure me that he loved me, etc. He gets outside, sees the HUGE screen, and just rubs his eyes. Sarah asked if his eyes were open, he said he would just rather keep them closed for now, thank-you-very-much.

Well, I have decided that it is time to be both. (Bargain shopper AND Frugal) AAccckk! This is going to be a little (ok, a LOT)tough for me! Being frugal does not compute. For some reason I like 'stuff'. Even though I hate stumbling over it at 2 in the morning on the way to the bathroom, or doing a 'stash and dash' to hide it just before company comes. For some reason I can't stop gathering in more
'treasures'.
Even though I get an item free, I 'pay' for said item in using up the space in my home, AND in thinking about where I will store it, or when I will use it. etc. So, in the end 'free' items can end up costing a whole lotta $$$. Cause if I didn't have so much stuff, would I need the space (space=larger mortgage)to store it? Also if I have
part of a project for a GREAT bargain, what about the $$$ spent on making 'the bargain' work. (i.e. The projection TV, that 'only needs a little fixing' to work just fine)
My sister is always trying to remind me, 'less is more'. Or 'SIMPLIFY'. So, now that I am writing this all down, for whomever stumbles upon my blog to read, I guess I need to commit to this.
Speaking of frugal...I posted on my preparedness site about an article that talks about making
Homemade Laundry Soap, for about 3 cents a load.
3 comments:
You know, we did debate on whether to call you about the TV or not. I guess we did cave in and made the call. Better your house space than ours.
The one thing we didn't cave in telling you about, which we know would have caused some more enabling your fetish was telling you about the community yard sale that the Summerplace Terrace had today.
LOL, too funny about the community sale. ;) Ironically I stopped by your community sale on Friday. I saw a couple of interesting things, but didn't buy anything. Of course there were only 2 or 3 people having yard sales on Saturday.
I figure with the TV, if it isn't an easy fix, we just set it out on our sidewalk for 'free'. Or I will post it to my friends on facebook, only letting them take it, if they promise to let us come over and play the Wii on it, if they get it working. hehee
Having stuff makes you a great Cubscout leader! :)
Post a Comment