Friday, February 08, 2008

Parameters

Some of you that know me well know that I can be a bit scatterbrained and that I can be somewhat restless when it comes to the 'day to day' grind. I often go on tangents and pursue avenues that would create change (and most likely chaos) in our life.

We have enjoyed stability and health during our married life. This is reassuring and safe. Yet my 'red' personality I crave spontaneity and change. Also to keep searching for that 'ideal' place to live and raise a family. I know that it's not where you live, but how you live that creates the ideal situation for a family...my brain knows that but my craving for adventure and change tells me that out there 'somewhere' is the elusive 'great place to live'.

I impulsively e-mailed my hubby the other day saying: 'Is there any parameters that you would like to set if we to move? i.e. Location (Just in Mesa, Just in East Valley, Just in the U.S.) Price (Nothing over $250k, Nothing over 500k, nothing over 20k-ha,ha) Style (only basements, only 10 years new or younger, over 10,000 s.f. yard), etc.'

Well, he never responded to the e-mail...and I asked why when he got home. He basically just shrugged with a slight grin, saying 'hmmm, I wonder..' He knows me too well, and if he would have responded I would have ended up on a HUGE rampage or tangent.

I pressed him for a response, even though we both knew it was a moot point. So he said: 'Nothing over $150K, 4,000 s.f. basement home, at least 2 acres, almost anywhere in the US, but with a job that pays at least what I am getting now.' Nothing like setting impossible parameters. LOL He did that on purpose knowing it was an impossible task, yet also knowing that I would be tempted to search for the elusive parameters. Surprisingly, I haven't yet. Probably because I know it would take more then a miracle to find something like that. I did get a good laugh out of it, though.

I think one of the homes below might fit the ticket. Probably 2 problems, though. Costs too much, and wherever they may be, it might be difficult to find a job comparable to the one Jon has now...oh well, I will continue to dream. :) And 'put it out to the Universe'. (As they say to do in 'The Secret')





No comments: