Friday, February 15, 2008

Conversation Hearts


These small hearts were an integral part of our Valentine Day make-up, growing up. 'Back then' there weren't shelves and shelves of different types of candy, and valentine day ideas like there are, today. Yet still these conversation hearts have a certain appeal. Maybe is just the nostalgia. (I have noticed that the words aren't printed on the hearts quite as evenly and well as the used to be.)



Last Monday for FHE we got the kids' Valentine's Day Cards together, to help them fill them out for their classmates. Jon was disappointed that I hadn't gotten Conversation Hearts, and that the Cards didn't come with envelopes, but rather a V-day card, with 2 hole punches on the side, with a heart sucker stuck through. Jon said that he used to get the hearts and put a few in each of the envelopes, hearts specifically for that individual. (This is probably how he subtly let a girl know he had a crush on them, hehee)

Well, the evening before Valentine's I went to the store to do a little Valentine Day shopping. I saw a package with 4 boxes of the conversation hearts. It was the LAST one. I took it and ran (well, not literally...via the check-out stand, of course). I gave one to each of the kiddos, and then I made up a candy-gram for Jon with a bunch of the hearts from the 4th box. It was fun to do. :) I hadn't done messages with conversation hearts in a long time.

No comments: