Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Be-lated Birthday Post

Well, I failed to post on my birthday. that's ok, though...since I really didn't ask to have a birthday. I got a post from my Sister-in-law on 'Facebook' that said 'Happy Berfday'. Jon had said just that same thing earlier in the day, and I wrote back to her what I had said to him...I said, 'You mean happy barfday?' Cause really, at my age birthday's are just a bit nauseating. I know, I know...most of you reading this are probably scoffing at me, thinking that 37 (aack, I told) is still WAY young. Only because all the young people aren't reading my blog, if they were, they would probably be saying that 37 is OLD.

On Saturday, a few days before my b-day, we went to a movie (it wasn't that great), then we went to a Japanese restaurant that I can't remember the name of. It's where you sit around a grill, and you watch your food while it gets cooked. It was very tasty and fun to watch. We were doubling with Robert & Shelley, since Shelley and I share the same birthday. It's a tradition now, to double. The last 2 years we have gone to 'Santas'...which is an outdoor amusement park (I know, only in Arizona, lol) Well, Santas didn't come this year, probably because of the economical slow down...besides we wouldn't have gone, since Shelley is expecting, and it can get kind of chilly, and a lot of walking.

Ok, on my actual birthday, I cleaned in the morning (ya, what's up with that? One of my least favorite things to do, and I am doing it on my b-day?) then I went to Denny's for lunch with my friend Debbie, and her son. You get a free Entree on your birthday, at Denny's. I got the Steak Fajita...very tasty.

Jon got off work early, and picked up the kiddos from school, then around 5pm we took off to do some shopping. My favorite. LOL. So, that was a gift from Jon, too. Going shopping. We did mostly Christmas shopping (got a bunch of stuff we really don't need) and then we went to Denny's, again. :) Yup, you guessed it, another free Entree. At least it was a different Denny's. This time I got Tilipia (fish) over rice. And a baked potato on the side, along with seasoned fries. Double YUM.

I talked with a bunch of family and friends for my b-day. Mom, Pauline, Erica, Laraine, Claudia. Lots of fun to catch up with everyone.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :) I'm glad it was a good one! And hey, you're not old!

Ryan said...

Ha! Barfday! Well, it doesn't sound like it was a barfday, more like a birthday. Happy belated Bestday!

Polly said...

Well, like they say, having birthdays beats not having them (meaning you've passed on to the other side of the veil). Still, I know what you mean about feeling the age crunch...

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Steph! Sounds like you had a great day! I know what you mean about birthdays when you get "old". For me they're just "another day" anymore. Pauline and I are the same age, so you know how "ancient" I am! haha! Compared to us, you are just a "Spring Chicken"!

robnshell said...

Well, I'm making my comment kind of late. I just wanted to let everyone know that the restaurant we went to to celebrate Steph's berfday (that day wasn't barfday because the food was really good) was called Benihana. A few of you may have heard of it. It is very similar to Ichi Ban, which is another Japanese restaurant.

Unknown said...

Thanks Shelley for the name of the Restaurant. Yes it WAS really yummy! I need to add the picture that they took of Jon and I there. I will have to scan it into a printer, which we don't have one hooked up at the moment...but sometime. ;)