Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HOLIDAYS

Well, since writing in my blog there have been a couple of holidays, plus my b-day. I don't know that I will do justice in catching up. Especially because my carpel-tunnel is acting up.

We had a fun Christmas and Christmas eve. Robert and Shelley (brother and sister-in-law)came over on Christmas eve and we enjoyed a yummy meal. (that Jon is still enjoying the ham from) We played some fun games, and even roasted marshmallows over a fire in the back yard. Unfortunately Shelley wasn't feeling well, and she ended up at the ER with bronchial spasms. She had to have a shot, and was on 2 or 3 different medications. The combination of a severe cold, allergies and being around the smoke created her air-way to just close up, and she was breathing in gasps. (I am SO glad she is doing a lot better).

Christmas morning came, and the kiddos (mostly due to Jon's abilities) let me sleep in until around 7:30am. Sweet Bliss! What a nice Christmas Present that was! Then the kiddos were allowed at their 'Christmas Lout', and they went to town. LOL. It was fun to see how the small timid rips soon became tearing masses of wrapping paper, opening gifts in seconds flat! I noted the gifts that worked, and what didn't (amazing how the less expensive stuff was most often a favorite) Santa will be getting some hints and suggestions this next year. (The term 'less is more' comes to mind. And if Pauline or Jon reads this they are going to laugh, then totally say something like 'I told you so')

We enjoyed a ward program on my b-day, that the kiddos were part of. It was the Nativity scene...Jakob and Zae were angels. I had my camera out, and when Jakob saw that I was taking pictures, he walked over next to Zae, so that I could get pictures of them next to each other, it was sweet.

Speaking of my b-day, we celebrated it one day early. Along with Robert and Shelley. We did the traditional 'SANTAS' the amusement park. It seemed a lot colder this year. We watched more of the shows, and went on less of the rides. This is our 3rd year in a row following this tradition, though next year we might find a warmer tradition to start. (A cruise, or maybe a stay at a luxurious hotel both sound good to me. :) )

Ma-Julie (my mom-in-law) was in town over my b-day week, so she was nice enough to watch the kiddos while we were on our date. It was great to have her here for a few days. She was able to visit with her brother, and her Mom. She even went to Thatcher to visit some friends that recently moved from their Ward in Otis Orchards. We look forward to when Ma-Julie comes again in a couple of months.

No comments: