Thursday, October 25, 2007

Phillip John Scott



3 weeks ago Jon's father (Pa) passed away. We were put somewhat into a tailspin, and I haven't taken an opportunity to write any thoughts until today.

Jon & I flew up to Spokane for a few days, to see family & friends, and be there for the funeral. It was a really nice service. I couldn't keep my emotions in check.

Jon's Dad is such an incredible guy! (Look how Jon turned out, how could he not have GREAT parents?!) I am so glad that we had the opportunity to visit Spokane last July, and be able to make some good memories, one last time. There are a LOT of great memories that I know Jon holds dear. This past July Jon & his Pa were able to go fishing a couple of times, spending most of the day out on the lake. Fishing is a legacy that Phil passed on to Jon.

I will always remember how supportive Phil was our adoption endeavors. He would always listen to my concerns, and questions. (We didn't have a very good Social Worker at the time...so I inadvertently would go to Phil when I had adoption questions.) He never grew tired of my continuous questions. In fact, I have some questions now, just no one I feel comfortable with asking, who might know the answers.

No comments: