I should break down this post into more then one post, and I probably will. I just wanted to do an over-view of the last few weeks. (if I can remember)
There was lots going on for the last couple of weeks of school. Plays, programs, tests, birthdays, etc.
Zaelynn had a birthday a couple of days ago. (May 20th) She is now 6 years old! I will post some pictures either here, or in her own post soon. Hard to believe she is going to be a 1st grader next year! They grow up SO fast.
We got Foster Care certified about a week and a half ago. (I think like on the 12th of May) Just a couple days later. (Friday, May 14) We had our first Foster placement. 2 sisters! A 7 year old, and a 7 month old. Such cuties!! We are enjoying our temporary additions to our family. Wow! What a new world we have jumped into, as a family! I pray that it will be a positive influence for our children, and for Jon & I, also.
Jon has been working extra L-O-N-G hours for the last couple of days. Well, extra hours for the last few months, actually. They have been doing their computer conversion at work. It sounds like it has gone pretty well. Anyways, today we celebrated the conversion completion by going out to eat, at Denny's. Can you believe Jon & I went with 8 kids. Wow! My hubby sure is a trooper! Working ALL night last night, only getting like 5 hours of sleep. Taking in a Movie with my brother (they went to Star Trek) and then tackling the task of taking a passel of children to a restaurant. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. Just a couple of glitches. Like some of the kiddos thinking they were still hungry after eating LOTS of food. (you know, if one says they are still hungry, at least 3 or 4 have to go along)
I have LOVED the rain that we have gotten over the past week. Wish the weather would continue. SO nice. I just know that the heat is going to come barging right back in. Little baby girl has a heat rash, today. And it's not even that hot. Can't imagine what it's going to be like when it really is hot.
1 comment:
Wow! Congrats on your newest family members! We got our first call within 5 minutes of finding out we had our license and met our first two foster kiddos a day or two later. Amazing! I'm looking forward to following your journey!
Post a Comment