Sunday, June 10, 2007

Utah Trip

The last couple of weeks I and the kiddos have been in Utah doing the circute. Our family came to Cannonville over Memorial Weekend. The whole clan was here, except for Erica's two boys. We had a great time. It has been awhile since ALL of us have gotten together like that. Well, I guess we were all together for Thanksgiving last year.

Jon left with Robert and Shelley back to Mesa. (I sure do miss him!!) I and the kiddos took off up to Northern Utah to visit for awhile. We stayed at Leon's (in Parawon) and then went up to my friend's place (Lesa Ruesch). It was neat to catch up with Lesa. We went to the bird Aviary in Salt Lake City, and also Liberty Park, which is right next to the Aviary. Liberty Park has a water feature, where water shoots out of the sidewalk, the kiddos enjoyed that.

Grandma Scott & Amy (Jon's sister) also went to the Park and Aviary with us. It was really great to see them. They were visiting with Matt & Kim in Grantsville. We went to see them a couple of times, too. On Saturday, June 2nd, we had a Lunch BBQ at Kim's parents house (where they are staying) it was delicous. Matt fried chicken on the grill, and Grandma Scott cooked Halibut on the stove. We also had watermelon.

It was neat to see Matt & Kim's new baby. She was so sweet to hold. Wow! It's been awhile since we have had a baby that small. I better stop thinking/typing along those lines, or I will start to get baby hungry. (wink). I visited with Kim for awhile. The treatments are sure wearing her out. I don't know what the latest is with her Cancer...I know that they were hoping/planning to start some radiation, and then hopefully surgery for the tumor. I believe that she had a doctor's appointment this last week, so they probably have more information. Oh...on a side note, their daughter Faye's due date was tomorrow (June 11th), and she was actually born April 6th. So Faye is coming upon a milestone. :)

That same Saturday evening I drove back down to Parawon and we had a b-day party for Gail. There were actually quite a few people there. Delon & Fatima, Leon, Dianne, Gail Fletcher, Mark & Kari, Staci, Holli Broderick, and then of course me and my kiddos.

Mark & Staci have 8 kiddos right now. 5 are fost/adopt, and 3 are foster children. Wow! Pauline & Curtis are taking foster classes right now, and will be certified as foster parents by the end of the month. I hope they are able to get children quickly.

On Tuesday we came back here to Cannonville, and have been here for the last 6 days. We will probably be here for another week, and then go to St. George. Pauline & Curtis are in the process of buying a house, and so I wanted to wait until they had that available to stay in.

Jacob Moss is back from his mission. It was awesome to see him! He will be talking in church next week, so that is also part of the reason we plan to stay here in Cannonville until at least after church next week. He came to visit here at my parents for a bit today. It was interesting hearing about his mission. Jakob sure did take to him. Sat right on his lap, and started telling him all and sun-dry. We will have to do something fun this week with him.

No comments: